Winter weather can do so much damage on the skin. I don’t know about you but my skin gets really dry/itchy in winter. But we cannot sit back and allow our skin to get dull with summer around the corner so here are a few things I’ve been doing to keep my skin moisturized.
Water, water and some more water
Good skin starts from the inside so you have to keep hydrated. Water helps to plumb your skin and improves texture. Your skin is made up of 64% of water so it’s VERY important to stay hydrated. Water may also fend off breakouts by decreasing the concentration of oil on your skin.
DIY Olive oil & Brown Sugar scrub
I found this DIY scrub on some website and it is AMAZING!
What you’ll need:
• 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 Tablespoons Honey
• ½ Cup Brown Sugar
• Wash your body and face and make sure your makeup is completely removed before applying the scrub
• Use a tiny spatula to scoop 1 little scoopful, and apply all over your body
• Scrub in circular motion for about 2 minutes (focusing on areas with stretchmarks and dry patches)
• After about 2 minutes, rinse off the mixture
• Pat dry the skin
I discovered Jojoba oil this year and I’m so in love! Jojoba oil has evened out my skin dramatically and helps with the inflammation on my acne. My skin is clear and the texture is just amazing all because of this oil! You can get Jobaba oil at any health shop. I get mine from Dischem for R69.90 and it lasts me a month and half.
Moisture your skin!
I know a lot of people only moisturize their skin at night or a few times a week but when you’re trying to get dewy healthy looking skin all year around then you have to moisturize after every bath/shower. Hot water strips moisture out of your skin so it’s important to replenish that lost moisture