Solitude is freeing.

r.h. sin

I think I might be the happiest and most content I’ve ever been. I always say this in every post but it’s crazy that you can think you’re happy until you reach another level of happiness and peace you didn’t know existed. I am really happy right now.

And a lot of it has to do with solitude. I can’t stress the importance of being able to be by yourself and being comfortable and happy. I’ve been so disconnected from a lot of things lately that were draining me and people keep asking me what’s wrong or where am I hiding. I guess I just stopped looking for outside gratifications and just looked within. I’m just done with the unnecessary stuff. Meaningless friendships, forced conversations and situations that just drain me.

Call me selfish (or crazy) but it feels good to be the friend to myself that I’ve been to everyone around me. I just spent the last week going to gym, reading and watching movies 80% of the time by myself and the other 20% with my roomie and I’ve never felt so loved. Not by anyone or any situation but loved wholeheartedly by myself.

I love the person I am becoming and I’m grateful to experience such a deep sense of self and solitude.

”We are the people that we have been waiting for and no one else is coming”-TD Jakes.

Next time you feel disconnected or unsatisfied with a certain part of your life, just look within and you will find everything you are looking for. It sounds cliché but when you feel it, you’ll get what I mean.

With love, Nollie.

Advertisements

One thought on “Solitude is freeing.

  1. It’s true that we need to be our own best companions first, Nollie. + Solitude avails us time for deep reflection/improvement, Simplifying is also great, as instead of being sapped, we can refocus on the oft neglected important: purpose, real friends etc… Glad that you are removing the chafe, and getting the wheat!

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s